Friday, December 31, 2010

Lucy's Birthday Party--4 Years Old!

So blogger won't let me move any of the pictures around for whatever reason. So you'll just have to take it as it comes...

Here's the cake--yay me! ;)
Please ignore Daniella's zombie eyes!
Here's our Guatemala version of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey--drawn on the wall!

Here's the pinata--el chavo del ocho--he's a character from a comedy show that was filmed in the 70's but it's still super popular here.
So before I tell you about Lu's b-day, you have to check out how much Lu likes meat. This is one of the leftover turkeys from Christmas dinner. We turned our back and she grabbed the bones to glean any leftover meat that we had missed! She is not my daughter! I really don't love meat, but she sure does.

Ok, now...We had a great birthday party. Since our neighbor's son's birthday is on December 27th too, we had our party on the 28th so they could all come. We set the party for 11 am and everyone arrived at 12:30pm--yeah, that's pretty standard. That may be one of my most recurring culture shock issues--I have everything ready for the time that was set/announced and then we wait for an hour for everyone to come. There have been a few times I've arrived 1/2 hr late or something so I wouldn't have to wait so long, and those are the times that everyone has arrived on time! I can't win! And, I wouldn't call myself punctual by American standards so I can only imagine how bugged I would be if I were someone who was always 5-10 min early for everything. But you got to take the good with the bad, right?

Anyway, we were going to start with games but by the time everyone got there, the food was ready so we ate lunch--a spin on baked ziti w/ cole slaw and pepsi and for dessert, a carrot cake. I was especially proud of the carrot cake b/c I've never made a cake before. I love trying new recipes but I'm not much of a baker; not b/c I do'nt like it or aren't good at it, I just figure if I'm going to spend hours trying something new, I don't want it to make me get all chubby! ;) The baby is doing that all on his/her own!

2 comments:

Adriana said...

wow - congrats on pulling off a first class kid party, frosted cake and all. i bet your neighbors loved it. love to lucy!

ACWIZ said...

Sure wish we could have been there. You did a great job on everything. Dad