They don't know (awww). So here there's a real mental block about telling what the sex of the baby is until like 8 months pregnant. As Americans we're obsessed with finding out at 20 weeks, I definitely fall into that category. I thought I'd try to wait with the third but it turns out that I'm too impatient! But it seems Guatemala is determined to make me patient!
Anyway, we went to get the ultrasound and said, "we'd like to know the sex of the baby please" and they said with worry on their faces, "oh no, the baby is still very tiny." We heard that from 3 different people. And this was after we waited for the ultrasound technician to get back from a 2 1/2 hr lunch break--who can take a 2 1/2 hr lunch break?! Then she does the ultrasound and keeps saying, "I don't know, the baby is still very tiny." And then the moment we'd been waiting for, "...eh, 60% sure, it's a boy". So we went in with 50% sure it was a boy and the ultrasound bumped it up by 10%. So we're thinking it's probably a boy and we'll just be surprised if it's a girl! We don't care either way (well John wanted a girl, but I'm sure he won't be cruel to it if it's a boy!). So, we'll keep you posted, maybe with the next ultrasound it will be a 70% probability of being a boy! :)
1 comment:
Even if it is a "Girl" I know I will love it. Personally I like it when they popped out you found out what you had. Glad all is well. Love you guys.
Post a Comment