Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas In Guatemala

Christmas here is definitely pared down, which honestly I love. I have long fantasized about my kids just getting 3 gifts each for Christmas--that's all Jesus got, why should they get more, right? Here's our pared down christmas tree and pared down christmas card:



Here's the other highlight of our Christmas holidays: the stake Christmas Devotional in Totonicapan (about 1 hr away). Remember I said I was the choir director? Well, we performed on Dec 11th with all the other local congregations' choirs. We did really well, I was so proud and we dressed in traditional Nahuala clothing. Check out the hats. Why did I get the kid's sized hat and everyone else's fits?
K, look at the girl's head in the corner of the photo--that's how it's supposed to fit, then look at mine...hmmm.

They're not sad, people here just don't smile for pictures.

No comments: