Friday, May 6, 2011

"Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations"... (Genesis 6:9)

Well at least perfect for now! Becky will want to tell her version of the birth story, here is my version:
Noah John Edvalson was born yesterday, May 5th at 7:18 pm. Hard labor only took about five hours, a new record! He is 8 lbs. 10 oz. and 20.5 inches long. Becky was a champ and we got that baby out quick! He was born under water in a tub, which makes for a very calm baby. I was in the tub the whole time. Becky did it all natural, which was her goal. I got to tell you, I think every man needs to see what their wife goes through. I am so proud of my beautiful, courageous, and wonderful wife! We spent the night with Noah. Our good friend Adriana watched the kids. I came home in the morning, Becky came home this afternoon. She might have rested longer but she needed a fan blowing on her! I have posted some pictures here to tell the story and so you can see the little guy! Thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts sent our way! We couldn't have done it without the help of so many wonderful people. Now all we need to do is get the baby registered so we can leave on time. That's the next hurdle, but for now we are going to enjoy this new little life!

Here he comes!


Here he is!

At "home" in Antigua


Looks like a little bull dog, don't know where the deep groove in the upper-lip comes from.


Very peaceful little guy, just like his name means!
Getting to know little brother

Proud little sister!
Little brother maybe not so sure, but so far he has been a good brother,
we'll see what a few more days bring!

8 comments:

ericksonzone said...

Congratulations! And what an experience too! I'm sure you're so glad to have little Noah with you at last. I hope recovery goes well.

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, he is beautiful. Congratulations!

Mark and Adrienne said...

Congratulations! He's adorable! I hope I get to meet him this summer and I'm so glad the birth went well!!!

sierra said...

Congrats! I'm glad the birth experience went they way you wanted. Can't wait to see the little one in person.

Erica said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing. THREE beautiful children! Love you

ACWIZ said...

I thought Noah and water birth was fitting. Good Job and thanks for the Grandchild. Happy Mother's Day.

Every man should be present for the birth of his child. I was allowed the privilege of seeing 2 of my three children born. I tried to see my oldest born but they would not allow that back in 1966 but in 1969 I was able to watch my son born from another room (Rats). In 1981 I was able to be in the room when Becky was born. I wanted to assist but they made me stand 5 ft away.

arianne said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you and that everything went well. Great job doing it naturally! What an awesome experience.

Valencia B. said...

Yay!!! Congrats!!! Welcome to the world Noah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!