Sunday, May 8, 2011

Moms are the Coolest!



Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely Ladies out there. Here is a shout out to the women in our lives from one lucky son, husband and son-in-law...




To the women in my life,

First off I know I am being a bit lazy sending you all a Mother's Day Greeting. But I wanted to tell you all some things that apply to each of you in general, and will also share some things that are specific to each o f you. I am so grateful for what each of you have brought to me in my life, your kindness, generosity and selflessness have been a blessing to me and my children. I am so grateful for mothers. I am not sure what this world would be without you. Today I went to sacrament meeting and the Bishop shared this message with all of us about mothers from President Hinckley. It was a very special talk: http://lds.org/general-conference/2003/10/to-the-women-of-the-church?lang=eng I hope you can take the time to read it.

Now I want to say something about each of you.

Memere: I am inspired by your generosity and love for Becky and the kids. We are so grateful for that check that comes every month from you. There have been times when we would not have been able to pay rent or buy all of the food we need for the month if not for that money. Becky always talks about how you were always there for her after school. How you played ball with her and took her out to eat pizza. Becky has the best stories about you. I haven't known you quite so long, but I remember the first thing you said to me was "I love you!" I also remember the first night I stayed with you all I walked in on you in the bathroom and you said "Nothing to see here!" So funny! We always have so much fun seeing you and going out to the golden corral. As you would say "We love you so much!" XOXOXO


Louise: There is so much that I could say that is good about you. You remind me of my Grandma Edvalson who I love so much. You are always kind and thoughtful and never think of yourself. Fred if you are reading this remember you married an angel! Becky is always so happy to have you around. I love the quiet way you serve, making dinner or folding the laundry. Some times I wish you could tell me how I could help you, but that is not your way! You always remember what we like to eat and are so sweet with the kids. Lucy and Levi both light up when we talk about you. I always enjoy talking to you, you are a great listener and always have something important to say. I love that you raised such a kind and wonderful daughter, I know that so much of her great qualities come from you.

Mom: You are always there for me and give me great advice. You know me better than anyone. Becky points out how alike we are all the time, but when I think of you I am reminded of how much I have to measure up to! I will always be grateful for the selfless sacrifices you made for us growing up. I imagine it was scary some times. I like how much you like to share things with us that you learn, or good music. That is something that Becky points out that I like to do as well. You taught me to think about things and we could always have good conversations about music, politics and especially good books! I remember that picture of you reading the Lord of the Rings on the beach and me in your lap, what a great example of being a life time learner! I am so grateful for the insights you have and the way you are always in touch with the spirit, almost clairvoyant at times. Your faith and confidence is such a comfort to me especially in this time of transitions and changes. You always had time for us and always had an easy laugh and reminded me to have fun and enjoy the beauty of the world around us. Thank you for being such a wonderful mother.

Becky: You are the love of my life. What a miracle that we have just witnessed bringing Noah into the world. You were so calm and focussed giving birth. I felt like you were the embodiment of millions of women and mothers and had their strength to guide you through as Noah was coming into the world. You always listen to me and have faith in me. I have learned so much from your example of kindness and energy for life. Everyone who meets you loves you and reminds me how lucky I am. I see your nurturing capacities reflected in Lucy and the good influence you are having on her as an example of womanhood. You are so patient with my quirks and make me be a better man than I would be alone. I am so grateful to go through life with you. I have truly been lucky in love and look forward to the adventures we will have together. I hope I can always be there for you like you are for me. You are the beautiful, kind and lovely daughter of God I always wanted for to have for my wife. I love you!

No comments: