You guys know me. I did not want any intervention unless totally necessary and wanted to be involved in the process of birthing my child (which I think we all deserve, it is OUR child we're birthing afterall). But the Dr. decided he wanted to break my water and just started to go right on in without asking! "Wait", I said, rather politely to someone who was just going on into my privates without permission, "we'd like to be involved in this decision". When we said we thought it was fine to proceed with breaking my water (since Levi was about 18 hrs into labor and not budging), the Dr. got angry that we had questioned him and said, "you know what? We're not going to do it now." And walked out of the room. I was furious. I think you can understand.
In the end, Levi was born a few hours later and it was marvelous to meet him and love him and no grumpy Dr. can ever take that away from me. But our birthing experiences are so important and long lasting in our memories that I want a beautiful one this time where we are the main ones determining the direction of the birthing not a grumpy Dr.
So I now have a midwife, Hannah, who is wonderful and who I trust is going to help me have the natural, self-directed experience I'm hoping for. Here's a picture of a couple who birthed in the water at her center.
1 comment:
I hope you have a more possitive experience this time. It sounds like you will. I'm glad that they have the water birth available for you and will be praying that all will go well for you and the baby. Love You, Mom
Post a Comment