Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mi "Baby Shower" and other Photos from Antigua

It's true that the word in Guatemalan Spanish for Baby Shower is "Baby Shower". It even said so on the balloons and invitations! ...I was so touched that I was thrown a Baby Shower. I wasn't expecting one at all. The mere fact that our friend, Adriana, was letting us stay at her house, putting up with our extra messes, and dealing with our kids breaking something at least weekly was enough for me! But then she and her neighbor, Vero, (who had only met us once before we moved to Antigua!) threw me a shower. It was so nice. All of Adriana's friends came and all of Vero's female family came too. It was so fun to feel adopted by all those friends and family as we honored the soon-to-arrive life. So here are some pictures:
I promise Lu wasn't crying. She had some allergies going on. She was SO happy about having a "birthday party" for the baby! One of her autism obsessions are birthdays and holidays. She talks about Christmas and everyone's birthdays at least weekly, usually more. So this was great!

Levi was digging it too.

This is a game where they wrap a fork and a spoon in a towel and put it under two different seats. The mom to be doesn't know which is which and just goes to the seat she "feels" is the right one for her. So I sat down according to my "feelings" ;) and I picked the boy seat (the one with the fork under it). So I guess I had a sense that Noah was going to be a boy.

The fountain at the central plaza in Antigua.


Just next to the central plaza, tired after going swimming.

1 comment:

Weezy said...

That was so nice of them to give you a baby shower. I'm so glad you had a good experience there and I'm sure you'll have many happy memories too. Love You, Mom