She is very curious about babies and why babies look like they do. So I started explaining about genetics and realized that I needed to back up a little and explain that mommies and daddies have a special hug and that the daddies give a gift to the mommies to make the baby. She says, excitedly, "what gift is it?!" I'm sure she's picturing a barbie doll or something! So where do I go from here, I think. Youtube!
I show her a discover channel video on how the sperm meets the egg and explain that that's the gift that makes the egg work and turn into a baby, etc, etc, genetics, etc, etc. Now fast forward a week or two...
So tonight she looks up at me while looking at her hair and says, "Mommy, why'd the worm make me have curly hair?" ...huh? OH, worm, sperm---they do look like worms! So I corrected her pronunciation and tried to explain without cracking up. Then 10 min later, she takes another stab at the word "sperm", saying, "Mommy, how did the egg and fern decide to give me short hair?" The fern! She's killing me!
No comments:
Post a Comment