
A mudslide recently killed over 20 people from Nahuala and Ixtahuacan, Guatemala while they were rescuing people trapped on the Panamerican highway in a previous mudslide. As many of you know, I have worked in this area of the world for the last seven years. As a result I feel a strong commitment to do something to help these families. Unfortunately, it seems as though challenges like these keep adding up in this part of the world and I would like to ask for you help. Here is a link to the news story: http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/09/07/guatemala.landslide.deaths/index.html
Above I have added a paypal account for anyone willing to donate money to help the families affected by this tragedy. I will be going to Guatemala in October and will take measures to ensure that the money will go directly to the victims. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at jedvalson@yahoo.com.
3 comments:
Thanks for organizing this John. Let me know if there's anything you need to help. Also... does this mean Becky and the kids are coming in Oct too! Im so excited to see them!
Adriana,
This does indeed mean that they are coming. I will be coming in October 21st, Becky and the kids are coming the 29th.
Thanks for your work guys. Say hi to the Tzep-Ixtoz family in Antigua for me if you get a chance!
Post a Comment