Saturday, July 23, 2011

Learning Escape Tactics

Tonight we went to our local grocery store, the Price Chopper (b/c they "slash" right through prices--an ax is part of their logo, which I think is a little weird...maybe it's just me). Anyway, John and I had all three children confined in two shopping carts and you know how much they like that.

While perusing the produce, Lucy says, "I need to get out. I have a witchie."
I say, "An itchy? Do you have a mosquito bite?"
Lucy: "No." and she shifts her bottom uncomfortably.
Me: "Oh, do you mean you have a wedgie?" She nods yes.
So I lift her out of the cart so she can right the wrong her panties have done to her.
Levi has witnessed this whole interaction and because he too would like to get out of the cart and wreck havoc on the neatly arranged produce, he says, "Mommy, Levi have a witchie too. Levi get out too?"

So clever...but, sir, you forget that Mommy knows that it is practically impossible to get a wedgie from a diaper! So there!

6 comments:

M said...

Baby J gets a sort of one-sided diaper wedgie from time to time. Usually only when that's all he's wearing. Glad Levi escapes that fate. :-D

ericksonzone said...

HA! I was laughing so hard with this one!

E*Brake said...

I laughed when I saw the grocery store in NH 'market basket'... it seemed humorous to me.

Photo Girl said...

I'll have to agree with you on the axe. (<---is that how you spell it? I'm blanking at the moment.) Kinda weird. I'm always amazed at the tactics Emilia tries when trying to get out of things. It's nice being the mom and knowing things, huh? ;)

Weezy said...

Very funny! I miss you all and enjoyed my visit and seeing how the kids are all growing and the cute things they do. Love you, Mom

gilliay said...

Hee hee. Kids are so observant! Little buggers ;)