| Getting ready to go... |
| On the bus. Hmm, guess we were a little rushed, as evidenced by Lucy's hair! |
| The Guatemala City zoo. We were really impressed. |
| John did a good job on this photo, eh? |
| Check out the giraffes. |
| This might have been the kids other highlight of the trip...the 1 Quetzal mall rides! |
So when we get to Guatemala City, we go to their immigration office to pick up our renewed visas in our passports. We had asked multiple times, do we need to bring anything in addition to the receipt that you gave us to be able to pick up the passports. Oh no, they said, it will be no problem, they said. HA. All of a sudden when we are 3 hours away from our house and our documents (b/c I don't carry all our vital documents with me on a Guatemalan bus), they need our marriage certificate. Why? They couldn't really explain it. Hmm. Then all of a sudden, after about 2 hours of trying to figure out what the heck they needed and why, they made a call and gave just John his passport. And they told me I'd have to talk to the individual who denied me access to me and the kids passports. All right then, bring it on! I'll kill em with persistant kindness. But turns out they saw John had gotten his and said, "Oh, he got his, you can have yours' then." What? All very confusing, but at least we didn't have to pay any bribes.
1 comment:
I love the Zoo pictures. Good job on the Tiger John. I enjoy looking at the pictures of you all too. It's so nice to look at your blog site. I love you all very much.
Mom
Post a Comment