Sunday, February 13, 2011

And the Baby is...

Still a surprise! Dangit! S/he had it's little legs crossed. So I guess we get to wait and have the excitement of finding out at the moment of birth...and then dressing it in all yellow and green! ;) Oh well, some things just don't work out how you'd planned, but I bet it's going to be super cool anyway. We're having my dream ultra hippy birth anyway--i.e. water birth at a birth center that is all natural and I'm trying hypnobirthing (basically deep meditation/relaxation to help you feel less pain and enjoy the experience more). I'm excited! So, not knowing if it's a boy or a girl is kind of part and parcel of that whole natural-baby-birthing thing, right?

3 comments:

jenerekfamily said...

Awesome! I did a water birth at a birth center with midwives and hypnobirthing for my last child. It was my MOST FAVORITE birth. Because I was in the water, I was able to "catch" my baby by myself and pull him up to my chest. Then I peeked down and got to announce to everyone else that he was a boy! It was just the most exhilarating feeling ever. I'm excited for you. :) Surprise babies are fabulous!

Valencia B. said...

Aww! I am so happy for you. Sanai says "Hi!!!" She doesn't stop asking about you, Levi, Lucy, and John. She loves the pics you post too. She says "let's go to Becky's house!" I have to continue reminding her that you all are away. She even stopped by WIC and asked everyone, "Do you remember Becky???" lol

Well, I look forward to hearing about the birth. One of the new PCs is really into natural births (she has 8 children) and we always talk about me having more children NATURALLY lol... When are you due?

The Mohs-Taylor Dayz said...

YES!!!! I'm SOOO glad to hear this! I think about my 'hippie' birth all the time AND I seriously want to relive over & over!! Forever the bestest moment of my life! I love the book, "Spiritual Midwifery," by Ina May Gaskin.