We just signed up for a community garden and started our very first compost heap, yay, that makes mother earth happy! I'm kind of nervous, what if I don't do it right. Potential negative outcomes could range from shrivelly carrots to raccoons dragging off half of the compost heap because I didn't cover it right or something! If any of those things happen, I will be sure to detail it all here!
Then, I have a new job...I'm the breastfeeding peer counseling supervisor for Albany Med WIC. I help women who are pregers and want to breastfeed but have concerns/questions and women who have difficulties after giving birth. I just started but eventually I'll be doing home and hospital visits along with calls and office visits. I'm just working 15 hours/week, don't think I could handle more. I work with such nice women and am really enjoying talking with the women who are coming in for breastfeeding info...rah, rah, breast is best! :)
And, finally, our kids are still cute. It's true. Levi is now 5 mo, just barely and Lu is 27 mo. I feel so bad for Levi because he's so sick right now, but it's also so cute to hear his little cough and sneeze! Oh, so tiny and precious! Here are some pics, with more to come soon because my sick babies are tired of mommy being on the computer. Peace.
6 comments:
You totally got me Becky! I was thinking, "Oh my gosh! She's pregnant already?!" If you really were that would be great and I'd be very happy for you but another part of me wondered how you'd cope! I know for myself that would be a challenge but many women have done it, are doing it and will do it! Anyhow, this blogging thing is great. Such a fun way to keep in touch with people. I miss the Albany branch so much! I'm so excited to be moving back- Mike got a job in Albany! Isn't that great?! Ha ha, just kidding, April Fools! But seriously, I hope everyone in the branch is doing well! Your new job sounds very cool. Did you have to take any special classes in order to get it? You will be very good at that :)
Dang. Got me too! I was thinking, "man, isn't her little one just a few months old? Holy cow those guys must not believe in birth control!" Nice.
You silly. That was a very funny April Fool's. I think a lot of women used that one today.
Good luck with your garden. We're going to attempt on this year too.
Days later...I was already out of the April Fools thing so you totally got me! I had an emotional moment of wow, then oh its a joke.... ha!
I agree with Dani, its so nice to be able to read how you and the family are doing.
I'll be on the East Coast in Aug. maybe we can arrange some sort of visit?
Hi my name is Carolyn Kerestes our my husband Lance Kerestes and your husband served a mission together. I also grew up with Cindy Erickson but she was Cindy Zirker then. Any way I has hoping I could add your blog to mine so our husbands could keep in touch.
All right here's my angry comment... :) Where's your new post? I know you have pictures and stuff to post, I was there! We're waiting...
Post a Comment