Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lucy in a Tutu, Pouring Rice on our Carpet, and Smothering Levi

So I was going to post the videos first, then the pictures, but I can't figure it out...and I'm tired and want to go nite-nite. So, here are the pictures first. :) The first is of Johnny and Lu when they went sledding. Lucy enjoyed that for about 20 minutes and then was done. Too bad it took 1/2 hr to get her ready to enjoy it for 20 min! Next we have...



















Our Lucy LOVES to dance. And Grandma Linda indulged that need for constant motion by sending a tutu and a kids cd. As a result of that CD, as I am washing dishes and driving in the car, I now sing to myself about doing the tango with a rabbit, about singing in the shower wearing a water-proof tuxedo, and about how "the average gorilla may be wild about vanilla but i have to say banana is my favorite food". Before I was a parent I thought that my last forray into silly kid's songs had long passed. I still remember when, in 9th grade, I decided that Barney had no place with my Nirvana CDs...(nervous laugh) I mean, after the age of 9, not 9th grade...I didn't listen to my Barney cd when I was 13 &14...(more nervous laughter). :) I had definitely moved on to Ace of Base by then. Ace of Base and other meaningless high energy pop/dance music is still my guilty pleasure. I even have an Ace of Base channel on Pandora...it's just so much fun. Despite all that John still loves me. I almost wrote that he still thinks I'm cool...but I'm not sure he does. Oh well!
Anyway, back to Lucy. That is what these blogs are supposed to be about, right? Our cute kids? Here's the Tutu:





























And here's our boy, and our boy getting smothered! By the way, don't you love his natural mohawk? It's too bad he wasn't born before the World Series, he could've rooted for the Tampa Bay Rays!















And finally on the picture front, this is what happens when your 2 year old figures out how to open the baby lock on your Lazy Susan, takes our a bag of rice and dumps it on your living room carpet:

So, there are some cute pics and maybe a video if I can figure that out. Any of you who read my lone post earlier know that just putting up pictures ended up being quite the accomplishment for me, so who knows if I can aspire to the heights of movie clip postings...but here's my best shot. So this first video is of Lucy during our Christmas trip to NC, twirling to some Christmas music. She LOVES twirling. Even when I turn on Levi's swing that has music, she immediately comes up to me and says "fwow", which translates from Lucy-ese to "twirl".

I'm a blogging genius! Ha! Now, for the real dancing event...the tutu:



And, last of all in this video onslaught is one of Lucy's first phrases, "I see you". She also says love you but it sounds like "e u", so I'm not sure it actually counts. :) And, she know's how to say "Get out" (sometimes we might raise our voices to the kitties) and "Let's go". But this video is great because she's trying to use her hair to hide from herself in the mirror. Oh, kids!

5 comments:

boneck family said...

NICE! loved the post. thanks for doign that.
-Clint

Nicky Watts said...

Congrats on getting the video. That last one is a riot! I love it.

Liz said...

Oh my goodness Bek that last video is SO cute! I love her little giggles- too adorable! Looks like you guys are doing great. I love checkin' in every once in a while. Hope all is well!

Bud & Kim said...

Hi Becky! How are you? It's been so long since I've seen you. You look great! And your family is so adorable. Love to hear from you. Kim (Badger) Packard.

Photo Girl said...

Way to be Bek! You figured out the video/picture thing like a champ. :)
Her giggles really are cute.